In this episode, I have a round-table discussion with Bryn Spence about current issues for school leaders. Some feedback that we have received about the show is that people appreciate more dialogue between practising administrators. In the episode, Bryn and I try to speak about problems and solutions in our schools and hope that our conversation might help you to find solutions for issues you face as well.
Bryn Spence is the principal of High Park School in Stony Plain, Alberta. He has an extensive background in behaviour programs and inclusion for students with special needs. He has a Masters in Education from the University of Calgary.
You can follow Bryn on Twitter @brynspence
In this episode we talk about quite a few topics, people and media. Here are a few:
- Dr. Viviane Robinson – the book I always recommend is Student-centred Leadership.
- Dr. Ross Green – The Explosive Child
- The Myth of Average by Todd Rose
- Dr. Randy Hetherington, Assistant Professor at the University of Portland – follow him on twitter @rwhetherington
- Terri-Lynn Guimond, Principal of St. Marguerite’s School – follow her on twitter @TLGuimond
- David Dempsey, Associate Superintendent – Learning for Evergreen Catholic Schools – follow him on twitter @Everlearning1
If you like this episode, you may also want to listen to: